Monday, January 21, 2008

Sweet Distractions




Here are a couple of the reasons Daphne is evolving so slowly....




The purple bag is for my friend Jenn. It is another Slouchy Shoulder Bag, but with a modified inner pocket which is deeper and is hemmed instead of elasticized. Much better. I am making myself another one in different colors with this modification. In fact, the fabrics I am using for that are the same as for the other bag, the little blue-green batik purse with the velvet lining. I got the design for that from Loretta Alverado, who kindly gave me permission to use her very simple, stylish pattern. You can see it at http://www.howoriginal.net/projects/handbag_instructions.htm.




I'm thinking of making some more to sell (I fell in love with this one and decided I can't part with it). I'm curious what people think a bag like that should sell for. (BTW, I asked Loretta for permission to sell bags made from this pattern as I respece her copyright).




I'll get back to Daphne very soon....maybe even tonight. But it sure is fun to sew!

No comments: