Saturday, January 12, 2008

Disaster Averted


Well, it's been awhile....but I'm back with progress. I worked on Daphne's portrait a few days ago and really messed up her mouth. I just wasn't careful enough. I got in a rush and messed up. When it happened, I knew the best thing to do was walk away, so I erased as best I could and did that. Today I felt like I was ready to give it another try. I sat down and started working on it, and stuff started coming together. I love it when that happens! I wasn't able to totally correct the problem, and if you compare the drawing to the photo, there are discrepancies. However, I am not trying to duplicate the photo. I am trying to create a likeness, and that in this case means that it is a compromise between the photo, the image of Daphne in my head, and the imprecision of my drawing abilities. So anyway, this is where it stands now.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Hey Sarah. Came here via spff group. I love reading other peoples blogs. You underestimate your artwork. Daphne is coming along just great. Wish I could draw. Joy www.perfectlittlepurses.blogspot.com