Friday, January 18, 2008

Slow and Steady


Well, time marches on, and so does Daphne......


I have added to the left side of her face. Also added are her collar and tags, and her interior ear color (or at least the basic shapes). I'm not totally happy with the texture of the fur I added. I think I need to sharpen more often and work with shorter strokes. Additionally it is becoming very clear to me that I need to go darker. Probably I should block in the fur first, then darken so I can work all over the picture at once and balance the contrast. I have been doing some adjusting as I go along, seeing places that need more pencil and adding it in (especially around the eyes).


I would be very interested on comments and suggestions about where I am. I feel that things are progressing fairly well considering my near total lack of experience with this type of art. However, I know people might have suggestions that could help me keep moving things in the right direction.

No comments: