Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Struggles


The worst part of this whole thing is the photography. I know there must be a way to capture the richness of the chromatic colors and the vibrancy of the metallics without glare and the garish overstatement of the contrast option of Photoshop Elements, but I have yet to find it (and not enough time to figure it out). I am sorry to bring you this photo of the paisley, which is admittedly lacking in detail and color-realism, but this is as good as it gets right now. The drawing itself is going fairly well. There are things I would like to change, of course, but overall it is progressing in a satisfactory manner. As you can see, the main paisley shape is done. Now I have to do the fringes, the round piece, and the blobbies on the end. I will stick with the same color selections and probably introduce a few new themes and patterns which will capture the contrast between the sharp, angular shapes and the rounded, curved ones.

1 comment:

Judiwithaneye00 said...

Sarah, that is gorgeous! I just love paisley and yours is really going to be incredible!

Judi Foster (Acrylicartist group)