Thursday, March 6, 2008

Green Paisley

Long, long ago my mom challenged me to create a paisley in one color (monochrome). I chose to do it on cream Stonehenge paper with a Lyra colored pencil in a color called Sap Green (a moderately warm leaf green). Well, I drew the outlines in about ten seconds while I was still working on my mom's Christmas paisley (see prior posts for that if interested). Then I set the green one aside to pursue other things, promising myself I'd get back to it later.

Well, this week has been the magical week of the green paisley. I can't show you a progress photo because I left it at school (d'oh!). But I will tell you that it's nearly done now. The main paisley shape is all finished and I am working on the fringes. This one went very fast compared to the one I made for my mom. Parts of it I like a lot, while other parts are not so good. I learned that the Lyra pencils are smearier than the Prismas. I also learned that eating chocolate while working is not smart unless you are more careful (or coordinated) than I was....oops. Additionally, I needed to sharpen more frequently and work more slowly (do you notice a pattern here?). But at least I have been having fun with it. I'll try to get a photo up this weekend if not before.

No comments: