Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Chupacabra


I am a member of the WetCanvas! Sci-Fi/Fantasy forum, and last month's Creature Feature was a Chupacabra. It is a mythical creature from Mexico that supposedly kills goats and sucks their blood (very simplified version of the story). I decided to do mine in colored pencil on black paper. I wish I had taken more time with the rendering as it is a bit indistinct, but I like the red eye and the creepy moonlight effect. Perhaps I should go back and add more shadows. This month's Creature Feature is some kind of Star Wars critter. Wonder if I'll get around to that one before the end of the month?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is just beautiful. I really like it. What's the paper that you used? You really did a good job here.

UpsideDownSarah said...

That one uses Stonehenge printing paper, which I got samples of from Fox River Papers. Now if only I can figure out where to buy them around here.....