Friday, November 28, 2008

Today's stuff

Today was fun and productive. I got together with my friend Pat, a new beader, and we made a bunch of stuff (I taught her how to make a surgeon's knot, an easy teachnique for closing a stretchy string bracelet). Also, I found a good deal on rattail cord (half off at Hobby Slobby). I made a bunch of other stuff too but all the pictures came out blurry.

This necklace has a very fancy center bead that I bought at a bead show. I have never had an adequate way of displaying it (except that I did put it on a BeadHanger at a couple of points), so I haven't worn it much. Now it is ready to go. If I get tired of it and cut it up, I'm wasting 50 cents worth of cord. Not too shabby. I like the simplicity and elegance of the spiral.

Last night I made Tasja a pretty bracelet with some kind of blue stone beads and sterling fishy links. I wanted to help her feel better because her throat is still really sore. Plus I knew she would like the fishies. She started a club at her school called FISH, and she wears a fish necklace, so I thought it would tickle her fancy. Now I just hope that after she recovers she will enjoy the bracelet and not remember how miserable she was when I gave it to her.

No comments: