Monday, November 24, 2008

Hijacked!

As some of you know...long ago I made jewelry. Lots of jewelry. Lots and lots of jewelry. I sold most of it, took some of it apart, and gave some of it away. Then I painted for two years. Then a colleague at work had me restring some old beads for him and WHAM! The bead bug bit me again, completely sidetracking me. Sigh. This is one of the side effects of having ADHD with a slight side order of OCD. So now I am obsessively making bracelets and necklaces again. Not selling them though, mostly, and not keeping it as I have already gone through my ridiculous cache of jewelry and thinned it out....so what to do with the sparklies? I've started keeping a RAK bag in my purse and giving them to random people just for fun. I've also started giving them to some charities for their fund-raisers. Occasionally I keep one....at least temporarily until I talk myself out of keeping it (if I do). Will try to take some pics soon. Will I go back to painting? Certainly. When? Dunno. Maybe later this week I will do some of each, but for now, I'm plying my pliers......and clipping my wires.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

You know that your first love is always what you go back to in art.
You will do painting again. And you will do your handmade purses again. It is kind of cyclical in my book. That is why I always go back to collage and mixed media which is my first love.

Keep up the great work with your jewelry. You are a true artist in that medium.

Mary Wilkins