Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finished!


I put the last touches on Julian today, and although as usual I see some imperfections, I am overall very pleased with him. Given that this is my first ever representational acrylic painting, and that it was done on fabric, I think it turned out well (if I do say so myself). I'm definitely going to try this again, both on fabric and an canvas board.


This whole experience has been a great confidence booster for me as I really have very little painting experience and was pretty sure I couldn't do it. I found that having the right brushes makes a big difference. Right doesn't have to be expensive in this case; my brushes were from Hobby Lobby, bought at half off, and did the job just fine. The crucial thing was to have a variety of sizes and shapes.


Now I'm off to go torture some more shoes!!!

4 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

he looks enchanting!
now do not put those paints away and keep working with this medium..

i like to name the pieces i am working up too
:-)

Unknown said...

he looks so beautiful, Sarah
you certainly have become very accomplished with this medium!
mom

Ricë said...

wow--he's gorgeous! and the eye is so realistic--nice job!

Anonymous said...

cacti4fran:said I just love him,and you are very talented and unicorns are my most fav. animal! We must talk about you doing me some sheets and more!
cacti4fran@yahoo.com email me!