Thursday, February 21, 2008

Soooooo............slow


It seems like the closer I get to being done with this, the slower I go. Sigh. But at least it is turning out largely the way I hoped it would. I have put in the colors on her foot. I also roughed in the shading for her pillow, though that is going to need some touching up before I apply color.


Next I need to consider what to do with the background behind her. I want to keep it very simple to avoid detracting from her face and form. Probably I will do a halo effect with a neutral color. Maybe I should go all techno on it and try different background colors in Photoshop. I've never tried that, but have heard about it. It's the last thing I want to do (would have to teach myself some new stuff that DOESN'T have to do with sewing), but for this portrait it might just be worth it. Oh, I could do it the low tech way...make a few photocopies, heck, even color ones, and just apply the colors directly to those. I kinda like that idea better. It would be easy and relatively cheap, and the colors would be pretty exact.


I've been sewing a lot for a craft fair I have this weekend, so my work time has been sporadic at best. Got too many irons in the fire, as usual.....such is life for the queen of ADHD.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very talented, it's beautiful.
Debbie

Tracey Latorelli said...

coming along beautifully ! You are spot on w/the eyes.....love looking at it !

paint1chris said...

Love how Daphne is coming along.
How did your craft sale go?

UpsideDownSarah said...

Craft sale went okay. Not well-attended, but I sold one bag and some jewelry. Such nice people there.